For my review of the Lifeway Women's Bible, I'm going to offer you my own thoughts first. Upon getting my review copy in the mail, I noted the feel of the Bible first. It comes in four colors and styles, and I have the gray/mint leather touch. The gray portion is textured, while the mint is smooth and soft. Just right. I was pleasantly surprised at the thickness of the Bible because it's not overly-hefty.
The type size is 9.5 point in the #lifewaywomensbible, but with so much white space around the body of text, this doesn't seem small at all. While this will be great for taking notes, it also aids in the readability of the main text. There are scripture references at the bottom of the pages, with a short introduction page to each book. Something new I hadn't seen are sections of questions occasionally, "For Further Reflection." I like the encouragement to interact with what you're reading. All of this, and a size that would be comfortable to carry to and from church each week.
I've used the Christian Standard Bible (CSB) translation for several years now, and I like the way it reads. I've recommended it often as a translation that offers fresh insight for those who have read a different translation for a long time. It stays in rotation, and the #lifewaywomen Bible will be a great resource. #readyourbible
From the publisher, check out this list of thoughtful features:
- Including Bible study and devotional content from Lauren Chandler, Gloria Furman, Lisa Harper, Mary Kassian, Kelly King, Kelly Minter, Trillia Newbell, Jackie Hill Perry, Angel Thomas Pharr, Jennifer Rothschild, Mary Jo Sharp, Priscilla Shirer, Angie Smith, and other Lifeway Women.
- Over 100 articles placed alongside the corresponding biblical text to foster deep reflection on Bible passages and topics focused on the life needs of women
- Nearly 100 short devotional thoughts placed throughout the Bible
- Bible genre introductions with a short overview and reading plan highlighting key passages in that section
- 66 book-focused introductions providing a concise overview with book-specific timelines
- Over 40 character profiles of key women in the Bible with questions for application
- More than 35 reflection questions to help women engage more deeply with the Bible
- Nearly 100 brief inspirational quotes on the Bible
- Over 25 word studies on individual words or phrases detailing meaning and significance
- 30 plus charts, tables, and maps
- Distinctive full-color design elements to foster an immersive reading experience for women of all ages
- Two-column text layout
- Black-letter text for easy readability
- Easy-to-read 9.5-point type size
- Durable Smyth-sewn lay-flat binding
- Ribbon marker for easy referencing between pages
- Presentation page for gift-giving
- Full-color maps
To read more about the Lifeway Women's Bible, check out their website here.